Radon Testing for Home Buyers›
According to the Colorado Department of Public Health &Environment, 50% of homes in Colorado have high radon levels. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends that homes be tested for radon every two years. Radon testing is one of the most important steps in purchasing a new home — We’re talking about the safety of you and your family. A radon monitor will be placed in the home for a period of 48 hours to measure the radon levels in the home. We use only the best equipment for radon measurement, the Airthings Corentium Pro, which is recognized as being one of the best radon monitors currently on the market. These monitors have multiple tamper-resistant features, so we will be tipped-off if there was an attempt to modify the results of the test. Our monitors are extremely accurate and certified by AARST-NRPP.
The measurement technicians at Spin Radon are nationally certified Radon Measurement Providers by the National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP). Our inspectors have taken intensive training in radon science, measurement, and mitigation.
✅ All of our technicians are nationally certified
✅ Our radon monitors are certified by the NRPP
✅ Extensive, detailed radon reports
✅ Reports are provided when we pick up monitor
✅ Locally owned business—Based in Fort Collins
✅ NO Hidden Fees
- Radon is a colorless, odorless, and flavorless radioactive gas which is a decay product of uranium.
- Radon exposure is the leading cause of lung cancer after smoking.
- Radon is linked to approximately 20,000 deaths per year in the United States.
- About 50% of homes in Colorado have unsafe radon levels that exceed the EPA’s “safe levels.”
- Children are believed to have a higher risk from radon exposure than adults.
ready to schedule?
Fort Collins, Colorado